Librarians: Judy McGinnis
The Edward Broadhead Library has a large collection with thousands of titles and maps with an emphasis on regional history. Its collection continues to grow!
The library is located in the upper level of the Southeastern Colorado Heritage Center, 203 West “B” Street, Pueblo, Colorado. It is free and open to the public 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday thru Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and also by appointment.
- Books in library can be checked out by members.
- Complete set of City Directories since 1889.
- List of cemeteries in Pueblo and surrounding area and with names of buried.
- Thirty one different magazine collections.
- More than 200 maps.
- Microfiche files of the Chieftain since 1868 until 1970.
- Pueblo West newspapers on CD’s.
- More than 200 oral histories on CD’s.
- Yearbooks from city and rural area high schools and Colorado colleges and universities.
- Nearly 50 file drawers of vertical files regarding local people, events, and places.
Also available are extensive collections of the works of photographers John Suhay, John W. C. Floyd and Frank Muramoto.