Librarians: Judy McGinnis
The Edward Broadhead Library has a collection of over 7,500 titles and 2,500 maps, with an emphasis on regional history. Its collection continues to grow!
The library is located in the upper level of the Southeastern Colorado Heritage Center, 203 West “B” Street, Pueblo, Colorado. It is free and open to the public 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday thru Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and also by appointment.
- Books in library can be checked out by members.
- Complete set of City Directories since 1889.
- List of cemeteries in Pueblo and surrounding area and with names of buried.
- Thirty one different magazine collections.
- More than 200 maps.
- Microfiche files of the Chieftain since 1868 until 1970.
- Pueblo West newspapers on CD’s.
- More than 200 oral histories on CD’s.
- Yearbooks from most high schools, and local colleges. Not all years available.
- Nearly 50 file drawers of vertical files regarding local people, events, and places.
Also available are complete works of photographer John Suhay, Floyd and Muramoto photos as well as 10,000 other photos of people, places, buildings and scenes.